Thinking of selling - are you well informed ?
• Queens • Nassau County • Brooklyn • Manhattan • Suffolk
Call today 516.443.3535 or 718.279.8618 to discuss your appraisal needs !
Thinking of selling your home ? You should seriously consider a professional appraisal. A professional appraisal usually pays you back in the long run! Unless the homeowner spends hours every week on real estate valuation, like a professional appraiser does, it's typically a full time profession to get a handle on todays real estate market forces and trends.
It's tempting to want to base your home's value on the costs of purchasing and upgrading your home, or the amount you'd like to get for it. An appraisal provides a professional, well supported market value opinion of your home. Once you break it all down, at the end of the day, your house is usually worth what a qualified and motivated buyer is offering to give you, with a reasonable time period allowed for exposure in open competative market conditions.
||Contact us for questions regarding the specific appraisal services we offer to home sellers.
Selling yourself instead of using a real estate agent and need help with pricing?
Quite a few New York homeowners are deciding to sell their homes FSBO (For Sale By Owner) and foregoing the assistance of a real estate agent. But if you're going to do it right, with minimal waiting and for the best price, what you need is a expert appraiser. It can be very difficult to get objective opinions, and we understand that it's difficult to be objective about your own home because of your emotional and financial attachment to it. We will inform you of what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
In addition to helping you set a astute selling price to attract more potential buyers, a professional appraisal can:
- Allow you to have the edge while bargaining when you find a potential buyer
- Put buyers at ease with written proof of the overall interior and exterior condition of your home
- Make you aware of issues and eliminate overlooked repairs hassles that might delay a closing
- Lower the odds of unidentified problems that cause sales to flop
People are sometimes surprised to discover their home's value is higher than they originally thought. Alternatively, some people have an overestimated assessment of the value of their home, by getting an appraisal it helped them to set a reasonable offering price for their home allowing them to sell it within a reasonable time period, instead of gathering dust on the market for many months. Setting a listing price too high will not attract qualified buyers, usually extends the period of time required for adequate market exposure, wastes your valuable time, and drains your resources while your home sits on the market.
You might have an extremely skilled agent, but it's in your best interest to have an objective third-party's opinion of value prior to finalizing a listing contract. And that's where Tri Borough Appraisals comes in. We can furnish you with a pre-listing appraisal so both you and your agent have a precise writeup of your home's features and a detailed breakdown of the the latest and similar comparable sales or as they're commonly called, "comps".
Someone to ask for for local real estate knowledge
Maybe you feel like you don't need an "appraisal" but you'd still like assistance gathering local sales and property data. We can provide assistance for your real estate decisions with services especially tailored for clients with your real estate needs.
If your wondering what you'll be getting from us when ordering an appraisal just take a look...
- Immediate response to your initial inquiry: We will provide you with personalized information for your individual appraisal need. We'll be thrilled to offer suggestions - just let us know what your situation is.
- Swift turnaround time: Normally in a week's time or less from the date the request is received, you'll have a copy, in PDF of the report ready to download.
- Appraisal and consulting report formats to suit YOUR needs: We've completed a lot of assignments, and we understand that in the profession of real estate appraising it's naive to think there's a typical or standard, "boiler plate" assignment. We offer many different of report types, and have know how at providing appraisals to consumers that keep the industry jargon to a minimum so that you don't have to be real estate attorney to read it.
- Fast response to follow-up questions: Reports we create are clearly written, comprehensible to people outside the real estate industry, and meet or exceed the Uniform Standards of Professional Practice that regulates the appraisal industry. Should you have any questions regarding your appraisal after you've read through the report, we encourage you to email or call us.